To actively form and maintain collaborations at various levels, that can help in research, raise quality of services, building efficiency, and working towards indigenous and innovative solutions for disabilities targeted by the CBR program, and informing other such programs, in resource constrained and difficult geographic settings.
- Before the Oct 2005 Northern Pakistan earthquake, Subh-e-Nau, a local NGO mainly focused on rehabilitation of injured sportsmen.
- Program expanded after the earthquake that devastated Northern Pakistan, Dr. Jawad and Farrukh Chishtie, locally initiated relief efforts expanded towards a CBR program in Muzaffarabad (2006), which continues to this day.
- Canadian presence and valuable contributions occurred due to visits of rehab teams in 2005, which included Dr. Robert Balogh from University of Toronto.
- ICDR Pakistan formed in 2006 with Dr. Robert Balogh appointed as Chair.
- Dr. Farrukh Chishtie appointed as Chair in 2009.
Chair: Dr. Farrukh Chishtie
Vice-Chair Research: Dr Robert Balogh
Vice-Chair Education: Dr. Jawad Chishtie
Dr. Robert Balogh, Dr. Farrukh Chishtie, Jawad Chishtie
- Shifa International Hospital
- Abbas Institute of Medical Sciences
- Combined Military Hospitals
- National Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Armed Forces Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
For more information, please contact Dr. Farrukh Chishtie.