To actively form and maintain collaborations at various levels, that can help in research, raise quality of services, building efficiency, and working towards indigenous and innovative solutions for disabilities targeted by the CBR program, and informing other such programs, in resource constrained and difficult geographic settings.
- Before the October 2005, Northern Pakistan earthquake, Subh-e-Nau, a local NGO mainly focused on rehabilitation of injured sportsmen.
- Program expanded after the earthquake that devastated Northern Pakistan, Dr. Jawad and Farrukh Chishtie, locally initiated relief efforts expanded towards a CBR program in Muzaffarabad (2006), which continues to this day.
- Canadian presence and valuable contributions occurred due to visits of rehab teams in 2005, which included Dr. Robert Balogh from University of Toronto.
- ICDR Pakistan formed in 2006 with Dr. Robert Balogh appointed as Chair.
- Dr. Farrukh Chishtie appointed as Chair in 2009.
- Dr. Mohammad Umar appointed as Vice-Chair of Education in 2023
Chair: Dr. Farrukh Chishtie
Vice-Chair Research: Dr Robert Balogh
Vice-Chair Education: Dr. Mohammad Umar
Dr. Robert Balogh, Dr. Farrukh Chishtie, Dr. Mohammad Umar, Jawad Chishtie, and John Shepherd
Students under Group:
Insiya Bhalloo, PhD(c), Maria Zainab MScOT(c)
- Shifa International Hospital
- Abbas Institute of Medical Sciences
- Combined Military Hospitals
- National Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Armed Forces Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Rawalpindi Medical University and Allied Hospitals – Holy Family Hospital, Benazir Bhutto Hospital and DHQ Hospital
- Center of Advanced Studies in Health & Technology (CASHT) University, Rawalpindi
- Kulsoom International University, Islamabad
- Superior University, Lahore
For more information, please contact Dr. Farrukh Chishtie.