ICDR provides learning opportunities for students at the University of Toronto, as well as local and international partners, through various educational means. A key activity is ICDR’s role in facilitating international clinical internships for occupational science & occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech-language pathology students.
ICDR educational activities also include:
- Providing training to international partners on topics jointly identified as priorities
- Contributing to REH3120, International Issues in Disability and Rehabilitation, a course offered through the Graduate Department of Rehabilitation Science
- Offering student research opportunities through the University of Toronto MScOT and MScPT programmes
- Offering practica for students in the University of Toronto Dalla Lana School of Public Health MPH students
- Providing guest lectures in other programmes, conferences or rounds
- Providing public education, e.g., co-hosting the Toronto Launch of the World Report on Disability